- Patients with sagging breasts and loose, stretched skin, but have adequate volume and want to remain the same size, without using implants
- Patients who have experienced a loss of upper breast fullness and firmness
- Patients with nipples that point downwards or are situated below the breast crease
- Patients with large nipples and areolae
- Patients who desire a firmer, more youthful and lifted appearance
Excess skin is removed and the breast gland is lifted to a higher position on the chest wall. The nipples and areolae may be reduced in diameter and also lifted to a higher position. Soft, small drains may be used to remove excess fluid. Incisions are then sutured with buried dissolvable sutures.
For most patients, many activities can be resumed within the first week. Most activities can be completed comfortably within three weeks. With breast lift procedures, all sutures are dissolvable.