Post weight loss surgery provides an effective solution for patients who have lost significant amounts of weight. Practising in Perth, Dr Chris Allen provides a number of excess skin removal and tightening procedures contributing to your post weight loss surgery. Ideal patients include:
- Men and women who have lost large amounts of weight through dieting and exercise
- Men and women who have undergone weight loss surgery, including gastric banding or bypass surgery
- Women who have experienced fluctuating weight due to pregnancy
All procedures involve a general anaesthesia with the length of surgery depending on the areas being treated. Post weight loss surgery involves removing excess skin from across the entire body. Procedures can often involve:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): removing excess skin and tightening abdominal muscles
- Liposuction: removing localised areas of excess fat
- Breast lift (mastopexy): lifting sagging breasts and removing excess skin
- Breast reduction: reducing large breasts to match the rest of the body
- Breast implants (augmentation): assisting in filling out breast volume
- Face lift: tightening the skin of the face and neck
- Arm reduction surgery: removing excess, flabby skin on arms
- Thigh reduction surgery: reducing sagging skin on thighs
- Buttock reduction surgery: eliminating excess skin on buttocks
Recovery lengths depend on the amount of excess skin removed and the procedures done. Most patients find that they’re able to return to work and resume normal activities within two to three weeks.
Following your post weight loss surgery, you can expect all drooping and excess skin to be removed. You’ll be left with a more natural and balanced contour that suits your figure. Our post weight loss surgery patients notice a significant improvement in their shape and appearance, allowing them to feel more comfortable and confident.